Managing Mental Health
Designed for managers to help do the right thing for their employees and organisation.
This one-day course focuses on building skills, knowledge and confidence. Its about supporting and managing employee mental health. Not becoming an expert in mental health.
To enquire about this course being run for your organisation please contact us. The course can be tailored to your policies and be delivered online.
Employee Mental Health teaches
- Have an increased understanding of mental health and mental illness, and its potential impact on employees and the wider business.
- Know the proactive steps you can take to create a supportive working environment.
- Have the practical skills and knowledge to support employees, and manage absence and performance when things are not going well.
Employee Mental Health covers
- An overview of what we mean by mental wellbeing and mental illness.
- A consideration of how it is impacting the organisation.
- Strategies for prevention including reducing stigma.
- Creating supportive environments at all stages of employee life cycle.
- What to look out for – the signs and symptoms of mental ill health.
- A brief overview of legal frameworks including employee rights and discrimination.
Employee Mental Health also covers
- Practical exercises to develop skills for open and productive conversations with employees.
- Reducing business risk if it doesn’t work out and dismissal is necessary.
- Managing long term and short term absence.
- Managing performance and capability.
- Making reasonable adjustments.
- Obtaining expert medical advice
Contact us below for more details
If you're interested in attending or learning more about the course please contact us now through the form below.
Unleash the power today
We understand that every organisation is unique. That's why we start by simply talking and learning about you and your business. Talk with us below now.
Its quick, easy, free.
Click here to email us.
© Protea Solutions
Terms and Conditions